EoIs Invited to Supply Solar Home Lighting Systems in Tamil Nadu

The last day to submit the bids is November 15, 2022


Weavers Service Centre (WSC), Chennai, has invited expressions of interest (EoI) to empanel suppliers for solar home lighting systems for weavers in Tamil Nadu under the Hathkargha Samvardhan Sahayata (HSS) Yojana component of the National Handloom Development Program (NHDP).

The solar home lighting systems will be distributed to weavers in Chennai, Cuddalore, Villupuram, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Dindigul, Madurai, Theni, Virudhunagar, Tirunelveli, Thiruvallur, Chengalpattu, Thoothukudi, Ramanathapuram, Sivagangai, Pudukottai, Ariyalur, Kanyakumari, and Nagapattinam.

The last day to submit the bids is November 15, 2022. Bids will be opened the next day.

Vendors must furnish an earnest money deposit (EMD) of ₹52,000 (~$628). Micro and small enterprises are exempted from paying EMD if they submit their MSME registration certificate. Startups who wish to claim EMD exemption must submit a copy of the Startup India registration certificate issued by the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.

Empaneled suppliers must deposit a performance security amount equivalent to 3% of the contract value.

The central government will provide financial assistance to the extent of 90% of the cost of solar home lighting units. The weavers will bear the remaining 10%. Empaneled suppliers must deliver the lights within 60 days of receiving the weavers’ financial contribution.

Vendors must have two years of experience in manufacturing and supplying solar home lighting between 2019-2020 and 2021-2022. The minimum local content in these lights must be 50%, and the margin of purchase preference will be 50%.

All items should carry an integrated warranty of two years apart from the manufacturer’s warranty. Solar modules should carry a five-year integrated warranty apart from the manufacturer’s warranty.

If the supplier does not supply the items within 30 days of placing the order, WSC will cancel the agreement and levy a penalty.

In April this year, Telecommunications Consultants India issued an EoI to select back-end partners on a rate contract basis for supplying, installing, and maintaining solar high masts, trees, and streetlights across India.

Subscribe to Mercom’s India Solar Tender Tracker to stay on top of tender activity in real time.