Rate Contract Tender Issued for Solar and Net Meters in Rajasthan

The last day to submit the bids is March 11, 2022


Rajasthan Electronics and Instruments Limited (REIL), a joint venture between the Government of India and Rajasthan, has issued a notice inviting tender for rate contract of energy net meters and whole current solar meters.

The last day to submit the bids is March 11, 2022. The bids will be opened on March 12.

Successful bidders must submit a performance bank guarantee of 10% of the invoice value.

The total order quantity is 100 units of each type of meter, and 20 units should be delivered within two weeks of receiving the order.

The contract period will be up to April 4, 2022.

The energy net meters and whole current solar meters should be tested and approved by the Jaipur distribution company (DISCOM). The test report is required to be kept along with the meters.

Bidders must provide a warranty of five years against breaking, rejection from DISCOM, burning of meters, error in reading, etc. The manufacturer should provide a warranty certificate mentioning the serial number of items and each invoice. The manufacturer’s name and month of manufacturing should be marked on the item. A packing list is also to be provided with the invoice.

REIL will release 90% of the payment after receiving the meters, subject to their acceptance by REIL. The rest, 10%, will be released against the performance bank guarantee.

Medium and small enterprises (MSE) bidders must declare their Udhyam Registration or Udhyog Aadhar number on Central Public Procurement (CPP) Portal. Failing to submit these documents will disqualify the bidder from availing of benefits offered by procurement policy for MSE. If Udhyam registration is not available, confirmation is needed that the bidder has applied for Udhyam Registration.

Of the whole tendered quantity, 20% is earmarked for MSE. If MSE bidders participate in the tender quotes within the price band of L1+15%, they will be allowed to supply the portion of the requirement subject to acceptance of L1 price by the MSE vendor.

If the delivery of the items is not made by the stipulated date, bidders will have to pay liquidated damages at 0.5% of the value of the items per week. This is subject to a maximum of 5% price of each unit delayed.

REIL has invited bids for the survey, installation, and commissioning of 1 MW of grid-connected rooftop solar projects on various buildings in Jammu and Kashmir. The last date to submit the bids online is March 9, 2022.

According to the recent data released by the National Smart Grid Mission, 3.73 million smart meters have been installed across the country out of the total allocated quantity of 11.16 million smart meters as of January 2022.