Since your privacy is important to us, we’ve implemented ethical practices to insure your security while using Mercom India Private Limited (formerly Mercom Communications India Private Limited) products and website.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION AND WHAT INFORMATION IS INCLUDED
When you sign up for our newsletters, register for webinars, download whitepapers, or use similar products on an Mercom India property or website, you voluntarily supply personally identifiable information about yourself.
The personal information we collect and store may include but is not limited to the following types of information:
- Contact information, including your first and last name, email address, and phone number.
- Occupation information, including your company name and type, your title, and other information you directly provide to us during registration.
Unless stated at the time of collection, personal information is not shared directly with Mercom India advertisers.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters and market intelligence reports at any point through the link provided in each message we send.
When using Mercom India websites, mobile apps, newsletters, or other digital products, we also collect non-personally identifiable information.
This includes, but is not limited to, data about your device, browser, operating system, your IP address, general location and page information, and the date and time of each request you make to Mercom India.
Non-personal information may be collected through various technologies, including but not limited to, server logs, cookies, and web beacons.
We may use information gathered from our websites, mobile apps, newsletters, and other products to create a single user record. We may also use or combine information that we collect or receive from outside third-party sources to enhance and expand our records.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Provide you with access to the content and services we produce
- Analyze demographic or behavioral data to refine or personalize our products
- Offer more relevant advertising content
- Publish your user-generated content and comments to the sites at your request
- To respond to any direct emails or requests
- For our marketing and retargeting purposes
- For our statistics, research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes
- To monitor our products for agreement with our Terms of Service and protect our network security
- To comply with the law
- For any other purpose established at the time of collection
We will not use provided information in ways unassociated with the ones described above.
WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information under the following conditions:
- With your consent, after informing you what and with whom specific information will be shared.
- This may include situations in which we share your personal data with our advertisers or partners, such as, when you register for a webinar or download a whitepaper provided by a partner. In these instances, we will clarify that the data you are sharing will be transferred to the third party. You can always opt out of your data being shared by not registering for that product.
- To third parties helping us provide, improve, and market Mercom India’s products and services. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Our email service provider sends our newsletter
- Our webinar provider, which gathers registration information and hosts online presentations
- Online analytic tools such as Google Analytics, which provides data about website usage
- Social networking sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- As needed, with government entities to provide our services and when required by law
- As part of an acquisition or merger with another company, a partial or total sale of assets, or another corporate change, such as bankruptcy
- To investigate, respond to or resolve inquiries (including law enforcement or legal requests) or protect, enforce, or defend our rights, assets and interests
- To prevent or respond to a regulation or law violation, or to our Terms of Service, or as necessary to defend our network security
If you prefer, you can usually modify your browser settings to disable or reject cookies. If you delete or decline your cookies, some features may not work as designed.
Some browsers allow you to indicate that you don’t want your browsing activity to be tracked. Since the Internet community hasn’t agreed on how to honor these signals, we don’t take action to Do-Not-Track requests at this time.
We will not provide online advertisers with access to personally identifiable information you may have provided to us without your consent. Advertisers may use persistent identifiers to track your usage across other sites in their networks beyond our websites. While we will not provide advertisers with personally identifiable information, they may already have personally identifiable information about you obtained from other sources and may be able to combine that information with behavioral data gathered when you use Mercom India products. For example, whether you engaged with their advertisement when it was displayed.
We do not control third party tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information gathered, and we are not responsible for their policies or content.
If you would like more information about this practice and how to avoid these companies using your personal information, you may do so by visiting https://www.aboutads.info/ or https://networkadvertising.org/choices/ or https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you have an account or to provide you the Services. Additionally, we will retain your Personal Data in a secure backup system for a reasonable period of time in order to assure reliable service and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our network security, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Properties and websites are not intended for anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
We take reasonable measures to help protect data we gather from unauthorized access and use. However, we cannot completely eliminate security risks related to the storage and transmission of your Personal Data.
To learn more about the terms and conditions of using our Properties and websites, visit: https://mercomindia.com/termsandconditions/
Mercom India Private Limited
#590, 1st main road
3rd block, Dollars Colony
RMV 2nd stage