NTPC Renewable Energy Invites Bids for 1 GW Wind Project in Gujarat
The last date for the submission of bids is December 4, 2023
NTPC Renewable Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTPC, has floated a tender for supplying and installing up to 370 wind turbine generators (WTG) for ISTS-connected wind power projects with a cumulative capacity of 1 GW.
The last date for the submission of bids is December 4, 2023. Bids will be opened on the same day.
The project scope includes designing, engineering, manufacturing, supplying, erecting, installing, testing, and commissioning the WTGs with a rating of 2.7 MW or higher and a maximum rotor diameter of 156 meters.
The invitation for bids encompasses three separate blocks.
Block I will have a capacity of 540 MW and 200 WTGs. Block-II is set at 305.1 MW and will comprise 113 WTGs. Block-III is designed for 153.9 MW and comprises 57 WTGs.
Bidders are responsible for the comprehensive operation and maintenance of the entire system, commencing from the project’s commissioning. This includes supplying all necessary spare parts and consumables and repairing or replacing any faulty equipment.
They must obtain the statutory approvals and clearances for power evacuation, grid connectivity, and coordination with state nodal renewable energy agencies, as needed.
NTPC Renewable Energy plans to fund this project using its resources and borrowings.
For each bid submission, the following bid security requirements must be met:
- For Block-I (200 WTG) or Block-I (200 WTG) + Block-III (57 WTG) (Total 257 WTG) or Block-II (113 WTG) + Block-III (57 WTG) (Total 370 WTG), bidders are required to provide an earnest money deposit (EMD) of ₹1 billion (~$12 million).
- For Block-II (113 WTG), bidders must submit ₹200 million (~$2.4 million).
- For Block-III (57 WTG), bidders must submit ₹100 million (~$1.2 million).
Bidders must be manufacturers of approved WTGs with a minimum rating of 2,700 kW, as listed in the latest Revised List of Models and Manufacturers issued by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy prior to the bid opening date.
Bidders must have a minimum average annual turnover as follows:
- For projects with a quoted capacity ranging from 50 MW to 300 MW, the average annual turnover should not be less than ₹520 million (~$6.2 million).
- For projects exceeding 300 MW in capacity, the average annual turnover should be at least ₹1.73 million (~$20,794)/MW for any three financial years out of the preceding five financial years as of the bid opening date.
NTPC Renewable Energy invited bids for ISTS-connected energy storage projects of 9,000 MWh capacity with a minimum of 1,500 MW capacity to be installed anywhere in India.
Earlier, it had invited bids for the design, engineering, manufacturing, supply, installation, and commissioning of a 250 MW/500 MWh grid-connected standalone battery energy storage system (BESS) near Fatehgarh-III ISTS substation in Rajasthan.
Subscribe to Mercom’s India Solar Tender Tracker for timely updates on all solar tenders issued by various agencies in India.