NTPC Tenders Land and Transmission Package for 2.4 GW Solar Projects
The projects will be developed in Kurnool and Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh
NTPC Renewable Energy has floated two land and power evacuation package tenders to develop inter-state transmission system (ISTS)-connected solar projects in Andhra Pradesh with greenshoe options.
The first tender aims to develop a 900 MW solar project in Kurnool, with an additional 300 MW greenshoe option. The second tender is for a 900 MW solar project in Anantapur, also with a 300 MW greenshoe option.
The last day to submit the tenders for the Kurnool project is December 18, 2023. Bids will be opened on the same day.
The last day to submit the tenders for the Anantapur project is December 20, 2023. Bids will be opened on the same day.
Every bid submission should be supported by a bid security declaration.
The scope of work includes arranging land (calculated at 5 acres/ MW) on either a freehold or leasehold basis near an ISTS substation for 30 years. Bidders must arrange the necessary approach road to the pooling substation, including any interconnection between plots by self or through the state machinery.
Successful bidders will be responsible for the commissioning of:
- An air-insulated switchgear pooling substation, with a capacity of either 400 kV or 220 kV, along with tie transformers and the related substation automation system and protective measures.
- A 33 kV pooling switchgear designed for the quoted capacity.
- All associated civil engineering work for the substation, including the construction of the control room building and the pooling switchgear building.
They must also construct an extra-high-voltage transmission line from the pooling substation to ISTS substations, including arranging for the “right of way” of the transmission line.
Bidders must have a track record of executing grid-connected solar projects, solar parks, wind projects, wind parks, or a combination of these with a combined capacity of 100 MW or more. One of these projects should have a capacity of 50 MW or more.
They should have successfully secured land for the projects and obtained technical feasibility approval for power evacuation through the state transmission utility or ISTS substation.
The average annual turnover of the bidders for any three financial years out of the preceding five financial years, as of the bid opening date, should not be less than the specified financial figure below:
- The minimum annual turnover for a quoted capacity of 50 MW- 300 MW should be ₹194.7 million (~$2.3 million).
- The minimum annual turnover for a quoted capacity of more than 300 MW should be ₹649,000 (~$7,792)/ MW.
Bidders should have a positive net worth as of the last day of the preceding financial year.
Recently, NTPC Renewable Energy invited bids for implementing land and extra high voltage transmission system package to develop ISTS-connected solar power projects of up to 1 GW in Gujarat.
Subscribe to Mercom’s India Solar Tender Tracker for timely updates on all solar tenders issued by various agencies in India.