MERCOM INDIA ROOFTOP SOLAR MARKET REPORT Q2 2021 – 521 MW INSTALLED IN Q2 2021
India added 521 megawatts (MW) of rooftop solar in the second quarter (Q2) of the calendar year (CY) 2021, a 53% increase quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) compared to 341 MW installed in Q1 2021, according to Mercom India Research’s newly released “Mercom India Rooftop Solar Market Report Q2 2021.”
In 1H 2021, 862 MW of rooftop solar capacity was added, a 210% increase compared to the same period of last year. Installations in 1H have already surpassed the total rooftop solar capacity installed in all of 2020 (719 MW) when the market was severely affected by COVID-19 lockdowns.
According to the report, at the end of Q2 2021, cumulative rooftop solar installations reached 6.1 GW.
Considering the industry fared much better during the second wave of COVID-19, Mercom is increasing its forecast by 71% this year. A detailed forecast with analyses is included in the report.
In Q2 2021, the majority of the rooftop solar installations were in Gujarat, accounting for about 55% of installed capacity this quarter. Maharashtra and Haryana rounded off the top three states for rooftop solar in Q2 2021.
Key Highlights from Mercom India Research’s India Rooftop Solar Market Report Q2 2021
- In Q2 2021, India added 521 MW of rooftop solar, an increase of 53% compared to 341 MW installed in Q1 2021. YoY installations rose 517% compared to 85 MW in Q2 2020
- In 1H 2021, India added 862 MW of rooftop solar, a 210% increase compared to the same period last year
- Cumulative installed rooftop solar capacity in India was about 6.1 GW at the end of Q2 2021
- In Q2 2021, the top 10 states accounted for approximately 83% of the cumulative installations
- The state of Gujarat had the most rooftop solar installations in Q2, followed by Maharashtra and Haryana.
- Rooftop installations in Q2 were the highest ever in a quarter
Contact Mercom for pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-080-41211148